Thursday, May 28, 2009

how we met Uwe...


so the last time i wrote i was in an internet cafe in germany. it was in that cafe that we me Uwe. Uwe is one of the greatest people we have ever met. he rode us to our campsite that evening (only 20 km or so i think it was). we slept along a river, the following morning as we were packing up ready to bike in to Denmark who do we see riding towards us but Uwe!!! hahah he even brought me flowers. he rode with us all the way into denmark were the three of us had dinner then he took the train (we hope he got on one, it was 11pm)back to germany. he was so interesting, and comical. he also had a serious passion, borderline obsession for albert shweitzer. hahah. it was fabulous. since we left germany the weather has been shizer! (shit). super windy, and ocassional rain. no bueno. we're at this super nice campsite in Ribe denmark. this town dates back to the 8th century. it's known as a historic viking town, its adorable... cobblestone streets and all that goodness. we've made really good friends with the woman running this campsite and she had a journalist come interview us about why we´are visiting this historic town. hahah we just finished our first interview. it's tough being famous in denmark, they're already asking for our autographs! we'll put the link up of the story when it comes out. okie dokie.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, Carrie, I hope that you'll remember we "little people" when you get back home! :)

    While you're in Denmark, look for houses with thatched roofs that have flowers growing on them -- they are amazing to see. And if you happen to snap a picture of one, I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bear!!!

    Hope you and John are doing amazing! Bring back lots of snaps, can't wait to hear all about your adventures. Keep that compass nearby and head West. Don't forget to stop and smell the Tulips! Miss you madly.

    Roman xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to comment on your update here. But how can I? The readers will expect somthing comical, interesting or even fabulous.
    And all this I'm only in the company of outstanding guys like you, Carrie and John.
    I knew from those first 20 km that you are amongst the greatest people I've met in my whole life. That was my reason to come back the next morning. Well, I should be honest, in fact it was for some more chocolate.
    Your blog is called "follow John and Carrie". It seems that I'm the only one who literally did it so far.
    Everyone who knows you, will agree to me that you're both fantastic. And those who don't concur, better never cross my way, especially not without a first-aid kit and a huge box of painkillers within reach.
    Good luck on your further trip, you Clark kids.
    Don't be too wild.
    Uwe.

    ReplyDelete