Tuesday, June 2, 2009

copenhagen

it was so sad leaving torben and casper... i love them (yup... see you in LA). we got into a campsite near roskilde a little after 9pm and the office was colsed so we just found some grass and set up shop. we were good samaritans and payed on our way out! talk about good karma...on our way out of the camp site john got a flat tire and his bike pump wasn't working and of all the people to ride their bikes by us... a BIKE MECHANIC!!! what are the odds. someone is looking out for us. we rode about 70km to copenhagen where we are couch surfing with a couple marie and jakob. marie is french-canadiean and jakob is a danish. they are very sweet and fun people. today john and i walked the copenhagen all day. we haven't walked this much in a while. as i walked through the city i had flash backs from my trip here back in '02. (mom, anna, lynn...what do you remember about copenhagen??) anywho. tomorrow we will see a few more things in the city then start making our way to sweeden!!!

6 comments:

  1. If you see her, please give my regards to the Little Mermaid, Carrie. :) I love Copenhagen -- it's such an awesome city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and exciting this is...I've never been to Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John and Carrie

    We where in Scotland UK last days, for a go-live of Fishers Laundry. We spend some time in the weekend in St. Andrews. If you ever get this far in a couple of weeks (?) then this will be a nice place for a stay. Nice small town with small harbor and beach. Good food at www.theseafoodrestaurant.com , not cheap, but since you worked with ABS this will not be an issue ;-))

    Have a save trip to Sweden. Don't spend to much time with the mermaid in Copenhagen......

    Keep the site updated since I want to know when you expect to be back in NL.

    Hans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at Carrie! Making firends all thru Europe. What a good ambassador! We miss your face in Newport..

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are quite the blogger carrie!...you guys should travel the world and blog about it and get people to sponser you (clever idea, huh? ;)) But this time I am coming!! Actually your guys' travels seem quite boring compared to mine. I am currently in Milpitas...just today I have eaten a tongue taco (with taste buds on it...yuck, don't ever make that mistake it was gross), I've gotten locked in a rental car because the rental guy didn't realize that the child's lock was on and he just left us there and went into the office (I was crying laughing), I watched a show about building an island to put New Orleans on, and now I am bleaching my teeth...so hah...who said you need to travel the world to have fun. But seriously, I am quite jealous...your trip sounds soooo fun!! I wish I could just transport myself there for a day to play. To answer the original question. Copenhagen: perverted hot dog sign, henna tattos at that mini amusement park, and my sandal breaking so I had to buy those ugly fourth of july Guess sandals (which I finally just gave to Goodwill :)). Is that sad that that is all that I remember about Copenhagen?
    Muchoooooooo love,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checked out the pictures you posted. The toilet sign was insane! Too funny. What was the sculpture sitting on the red object? Loved the glass roosters. Did you go to Kinderdyke again? What were the 4 World Heritage you went to? I saw Christiana on a Rick Steves show. No cars allowed? It appeared to be very relaxing. Glad you got to experience the community. The animal pictures were great to see. All the pictures were fun loving. Thanks for sharing. Keep warm.
    Love,
    ME

    ReplyDelete