Wednesday, June 10, 2009

wet and cold in sweden


john and i left gothenburg this morning. we actually stayed an extra day with inga and ulisess because it was just too hard to leave them! haha. they are such amazing people. it felt as if we were staying with old friends for a few days. the two days john and i were in gothenburg, we didn't get into the city until late afternoon becasue our breakfasts with the two of them would turn into hours of talking and laughing. it was really such a blessing to have met them. plus inga cut my hair which i didn't have time to do before i left....jackpot. when we left this morning it was cold and rainy (paulina, get on it!!!). it was awful. we were quite wet all day. i literally rung the water out of my socks when i took then off this evening...that's the worst! so we are treating ourselves to a stay at a hostel rather than our cold tents. this way hopefully most of our clothes will dry so they can just get wet again tomorrow! yeah it's supposed to rain in sweden until friday :( the west coast of sweden is actually gorgeous, it's unfortunate the weather is so lousy. the country is made up of many small islands in the north west... but i'm too mad that my toes are cold to appresiacte the beauty ;)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie!!! I'm still really jealous you guys sound like you're having an amazing experience!! Don't worry about the rain try and enjoy it you only get to do what you're doing once!! (well maybe you can do it again next year and i can join haha). Keep updating this, it's like watching a show on the travel channel I love it!!
    -Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the updated photos and I hang on every word of the blog, it really does help the "missing you". Sounds like it will be a stiff competition by the end of the trip to choose the top host/best time. Great experiences!
    Lots of love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about the weather on your trip being rainy. That must make the cycling and all that much harder. Your friends sound like they are the bomb. You are so lucky to have met them. Glad you are having a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'd rather be back in hot and dry Dubai now, John ?
    Take care,
    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Carrie and John!

    This is Bridget, John's friend....just incase he forgot :) Just wanted to let you guys know I am reading your blogs and it seems like an amazing time! Can't wait to see you John and hopefully meet you someday Carrie! You seem great and I've only heard a few bad things!

    Jealous,
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carrie and John!

    Not sure how to post....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carrie and John

    This is Beth writing. I got my first clip-on pedals and shoes today. Can I join you when you hit dry country -- and when I figure out how to use these things? Just started reading your blog and I'm hooked. You guys are some intrepid cyclists. I'm in awe of you. Hope you get dry weather soon, and whoever is taking those awesome pictures, don't stop!

    Lots of love from 4 Hilltop

    ReplyDelete
  8. that picture is hilarious. so it looks like someone crashed in what appears to be a stop sign and all i can make out is toned, beautiful leg... could it be johns??

    I love this i can't believe i didn't get on your blog sooner. It is just so amazing and i don't know if this sounds weird saying i am so proud of you guys!!! You both just amaze me. Keep up all the hard work!! As fun as it is im sure its also been really exhausting. I love you. BE SAFE!!!

    ReplyDelete